• November 27, 2014, 09:24:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Notice: If you have a gmail account you will be unable to join the membership using any gmail.com email accounts due to russian & Chineese spammers.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Skokomish????????  (Read 2347 times)

scott080379

• Brookie
  • Buy/Sell feedback +0/-0
Skokomish????????
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:16:21 PM »

Anyone got anything on the skokomish for cohos of chum yet? 

Also where might be the best locations to fish this river? confused013

any help would be great........thank you

Streamer

• Green River Boy
  • Honored Member
  • Cabezon
Re: Skokomish????????
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »

Fished it HARD the other day...

All day and covered every inch of the river yielded 4-6 on silvers tossing hardware. Saw a few dozen guys with some gnarly looking chum and only 1 coho on the bank.

Pretty dead if you ask me...
Co-Management is Co-dependent

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • Summer Steel
  • Buy/Sell feedback +1/-0
    • www.washingtonfishingfools.com
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:36:47 PM »

go down to the mouth, cross at low tide, get back over before the water comes back in.
or park at the store/fruit stand, walk down his dirt road heading past the tree farm, go through the hole made for fisherman to pass the gate, go all the way to the end and find a trail to the river.

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

so seeing how this would be the mouth would I be under salt or fresh regs?

thanks for the tips guys

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • Summer Steel
  • Buy/Sell feedback +1/-0
    • www.washingtonfishingfools.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

you arent all the way into the mouth, you will see all the cars parked off the road, find a safe place to get ALL THE WAY OFF THE PAVEMENT and go take a look see, its the last actual area a person can cross on foot.

save this image below, you will get the picture after seeing it

[attacment was old and i deleted old attachments so new ones could be uploaded. sorry]

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »

Thanks for the help phish, that is why I love this site, everyone here isn't afraid of sharing info.   :thumb2:

fshklr333

• Happiness is a Bent Rod
  • Smelt
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 11:37:30 PM »

Fished it 10/21 and 10/23 from 0 dark thirty am to 0 dark thirty pm both days ,
Looking for the big silvers that are normaly there this time of year with
out any luck , did land some nice chum , half the chum caught were
dime bright with the rest just starting to color up , ghost stripes .
seen three silvers landed in two long days of fishing , I have had great luck
across from the red house off of 106  in the past but just seems to be holding
chums now , fished from the red house down river past the unimproved ramp
about a mile both days , just chum . Used eggs , spinners , and corkies ,
Good luck and have fun

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

yep, going to try and fish it tomorrow.  will post report after I get home taunt006

Big_Daddy

• One Mean & Well Armed Basturd
  • Administrator
  • Returning Boot
  • Buy/Sell feedback +2/-0
    • Northwest Fishing Charters
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »

................................ everyone here is afraid of sharing info.   :thumb2:

??? ??? ??? ???
Northwest Fishing Charters
206-949-0221
http://www.nwfishingcharters.com

Nitro Products
FFL Licensed Dealer

bigcutty

• Summer Steel
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

what does that mean scott? theres tons of info on here... you wanna know how to fish the skok... here it is....
fish it the way you would fish any river... thats it.....  find holding water, deep pools, pockets, seams, fish behind rocks, stumps,fish under bank cuts, fish under bushes and such that are hanging over the water... unless you are on fish, dont just stand there for 3 hours casting over and over... fish usually wont come to you have to  find them... and when you do, and you see fish, dont EVER leave fish to find fish... if you arent getting bites, you arent giving them what they want...people always say " threw everything i had"... usually, thats just every color corkie they had, if you aint getting hit on corks, try eggs, if not, try a jig, if not, try a DN, if not get a blue fox ect ect ect.... if the water is murky,  COVER IT... start either at the tail out, or the head of a hole, and work your way through it covering all water, its quite simple... sometimes you can even catch fish that are lying on the undercut of the bank you are standing on..its all about casting in front of the fish... my first steel came on a stupid basically fluke if you must, but not in a way... clear water has to be approached differently, if you can see a fish, they saw you 10 minutes before you showed up... be stealthy, quite, vibrations do travel through water ya know...river fishing is exactly that, theres the way to do it, and the way to waste time...just put in your time, and you will get fish.... dont expect to catch fish, you just leave dissapointed,  not that its wrong to be confident, but if you get 1 fish in new water, you did a good job, then its all about tweaking it a bit...  almost the number one thing too, if you see a certian color catching fish... dont use another color, use what works

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 08:01:45 PM »

................................ everyone here is afraid of sharing info.   :thumb2:

??? ??? ??? ???

sorry didn't realize that I typed ti that way I mean everyone here isn't affraid if sharing info. 

sorry guys

bigcutty

• Summer Steel
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

i kinda figured you were meaning that, why would you put a thumbs up after saying something like that... my bad as well...if you go, good luck... i might be out somewere tommorow as well...hopefully its not the last time for the year...

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »

what does that mean scott? theres tons of info on here... you wanna know how to fish the skok... here it is....
fish it the way you would fish any river... thats it.....  find holding water, deep pools, pockets, seams, fish behind rocks, stumps,fish under bank cuts, fish under bushes and such that are hanging over the water... unless you are on fish, dont just stand there for 3 hours casting over and over... fish usually wont come to you have to  find them... and when you do, and you see fish, dont EVER leave fish to find fish... if you arent getting bites, you arent giving them what they want...people always say " threw everything i had"... usually, thats just every color corkie they had, if you aint getting hit on corks, try eggs, if not, try a jig, if not, try a DN, if not get a blue fox ect ect ect.... if the water is murky,  COVER IT... start either at the tail out, or the head of a hole, and work your way through it covering all water, its quite simple... sometimes you can even catch fish that are lying on the undercut of the bank you are standing on..its all about casting in front of the fish... my first steel came on a stupid basically fluke if you must, but not in a way... clear water has to be approached differently, if you can see a fish, they saw you 10 minutes before you showed up... be stealthy, quite, vibrations do travel through water ya know...river fishing is exactly that, theres the way to do it, and the way to waste time...just put in your time, and you will get fish.... dont expect to catch fish, you just leave dissapointed,  not that its wrong to be confident, but if you get 1 fish in new water, you did a good job, then its all about tweaking it a bit...  almost the number one thing too, if you see a certian color catching fish... dont use another color, use what works

agian sorry, everyone here shres info and that is what I like about his place.  It isn't jsut about bragging about the fish you catch, people shre what works for them and were they are catching.  

I know eveything you said, phish already gave me the locations to check out that is all,  I have lots of diffrent gear to try out, tied up some new color combos and what not.  

again sorry for the miss understanding.   :bash:

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

i kinda figured you were meaning that, why would you put a thumbs up after saying something like that... my bad as well...if you go, good luck... i might be out somewere tommorow as well...hopefully its not the last time for the year...

why the last time of the year?  everything alright with you?

bigcutty

• Summer Steel
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »

with me physically, yes, mentally, yes, other... NOPE...but thats life right?   BTW, the skok is a joke, if you dont live near it, you dont need to travel to it... if you want to travel, theres plenty better rivers to fish than the skok, yes it produces fish, but it also produces, crime, tweakers, and theft... just be carefull down there you guys, i get sick of hearin all the crap on the news... you want rivers that will drop your Nite in the dirt... hit the coast rivers...

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »

Well I am in Silverdale, so the skok isn't that far of a drive for me.  I know the areas sucks but I don't want to hit the yup, carbon or green tomorrow. 

bigcutty

• Summer Steel
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »

your close, so i can see you doing it... the puy and carb are kinda slow right now, well they were, the green i hear is putting out fish,  mainly pinks tho... the pink run for the puy and carb is done for the year... now for the silvers and the chum..

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »

You know I don't see much reports on any coastla rivers or anything on the olympic pennisula.  So anyone have any info on the DUNGENESS RIVER?

the regs only state that 4 coho, nothing about chum

bigcutty

• Summer Steel
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »

theres a reason for people not posting on the coast..1 you have to know how to fish them, or its pointless, 2, the locals dont like tons of people out there..except for "twilight" and such...

scott080379

• Brookie
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 09:06:22 PM »

yeah that is what I figured.  I might try it anyways, I know they had a good run at opening at the Dungeness.  But the last report I can find if from 19th three days after the opening and was saying that the run is done. but I doubt that people are still out in the straights and around neah bay catchign cohos.  So they are still coming in.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 23 queries.